There are as many ways to approach hosting a virtual conference as there are organizations hosting them. We’re spotlighting five virtual conferences to help you plan your own.
Elevate: A Conference for Fundraising Events
- Date: August 12, 2020
- Presented by: Swaim Strategies
- Tools: Whova, Zoom
- Sponsors: Artisan Auctions, MEK Design, The AV Department, Ecotrust, Greater Giving, Beth Sandefur Events, First Tech Federal Credit Union, The Standard
Elevate featured more than 35 sessions focused on helping nonprofit organizations maximize virtual fundraising events. Swaim Strategies utilized Whova and Zoom to host their annual Elevate conference online and entirely virtual. Registered guests received a personalized Whova code to view and participate in the conference. Plenary sessions were live and select breakout sessions were pre-recorded. Through Whova, guests submitted questions for each session, connected with other attendees, and posted photos and article links. ASL interpretation was available when viewing sessions directly through Zoom links. Those who missed the live conference can purchase an all access pass to session recordings.
Thought Leadership Virtual Summit
- Dates: August 25 – 27, 2020
- Presented by: Greater Giving and Artisan Auctions
- Tools: Whova, Zoom, Vimeo Live
- Sponsors: Beth Sandefur Events, Little Green Light, Streamline Support, Swaim Strategies, The AV Department
Greater Giving and presenting sponsor Artisan Auctions hosted the Thought Leadership Virtual Summit from The AV Department studio in Portland, Oregon. Nonprofit fundraising experts appeared via Zoom video conferencing and the entire conference was livecast via Vimeo Live. More than 200 guests from across the U.S. and Canada engaged with each other and posted questions in the Whova app while viewing the conference on a private landing page with an embedded video viewer and live chat window. Links to the streaming site were provided via email to registered attendees. Recordings of the sessions are offered as a a post-conference add-on.
15th Annual Real Estate Conference
- Date: September 11, 2020
- Presented by: Portland State University Center for Real Estate
- Tools: Vimeo, vMix
- Presenting and Platinum Sponsors: Harsch Investment Properties, Beutler Exchange Group LLC, M&T Bank, The Standard
The Annual Real Estate Conference is the largest real estate conference in the northwest and the primary fundraiser for PSU’s Center for Real Estate. With partnership from Swaim Strategies, the PSU Center for Real Estate offered a 90-minute livestream program featuring diverse voices across all sectors in the real estate industry, including a keynote from Dr. Andrea Chegut, Research Scientist at the MIT Center for Real Estate. Shifting to an online platform allowed PSU Center for Real Estate to expand the regional conference to a national audience. The event was hosted live from The AV Department studio. The AV Department coordinated video conferencing among panelists from across the country, interspersed with featured pre-recorded segments. The free event was open to the public allowing attendees from across the U.S. to network via live chat.
ACEC Oregon Fall Conference
- Dates: September 17 & 18, 2020
- Presented by: American Council of Engineering Companies of Oregon
- Tools: Vimeo, vMix, Zoom
- Sponsors: ACEC Business Insurance Trust, ACEC Life/Health Trust, ACEC RT, Aldrich, Brayn Consulting LLC, Commonstreet Consulting, David Evans and Associates, Emerio, Nextworks, PNCE Health and Welfare Trust, SWCA Environmental Consultants, Topcon Solutions, USI
The annual ACEC Fall Conference was offered virtually during two days of live and pre-recorded sessions. Attendees received a private link to view the virtual conference and participate in live chat during the event. The AV Department produced the livestream and managed the video conferencing, transitioning between speakers, presentations, and videos. Following the conference, registered guests were invited to view the conference sessions on demand via password-protected Vimeo links.
Options and Opportunities Webinar
- Dates: September 17 & 24, 2020
- Presented by: OHSU Parkinson Center
- Tools: Vimeo, vMix
- Sponsors: Boston Scientific, Lundbeck, Abbott, Abbvie, Acadia, Acorda Therapeutics, Amneal, US Worldmeds
OHSU Parkinson Center hosted the free two-part Options and Opportunities Webinar Series to give people living with Parkinson’s and those who support them the opportunity to ask questions from the comfort of their own homes. Both two-hour webinars included a lecture, panel discussion, and “Ask the Doc” Q & A. Questions asked via live chat were answered by the panel during the webinars. The AV Department produced the entirely virtual livestream, managing the video conferencing and transitions between speakers and presentations using vMix livestreaming software. The livestream production team and applied OHSU branding to create custom graphics and overlays. Guests registered for the series through the OHSU Brain Institute website and were sent a link via email to view the program on a private streaming site.
If you have questions about livestreaming your own virtual webinar or conference, contact us to discuss your event plans and goals.